GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Parents should carry out their responsibilities as educator in instilling in their children respect and strict obedience for all school rules and regulations.
- Students should always wear their School ID card.
- Parents are requested to go through their wards school diary regularly and sign the teacher’s remarks, if any.
- PTA meetings should be regularly attended to discuss the performance and progress of the child.
- Parents must check that the child carries books/not books according to time table.
- Parents are requested not to accompany their wards to the class rooms at arrival time. At dispersal time they should collect their wards from the school gate.
- Parents are not permitted to meet teachers during school hours. In special cases, parents may be allowed to meet the teacher with prior permission from the principal/ academic incharge.
- Parents should ensure that their wards do not bring any objectionable books, magazine, picture or any other material that may violate the disciplinary norms of the school.
- Parents are requested to inform the school if there is any change in address/ Tel. numbers.
- Please do not give mobile phone to your child. If student is found carrying a mobile phone, it will be confiscated and a heavy fine will be imposed.
- Parents should use the “Leave Record” form in the diary when applying for leave or explaining the absence of their children.
- It is compulsory for all students to complete 75% attendance (subject to guidlines issued from Governing Bodies / Board / State / Centre Govt.) before every exam to make them eligible to sit for the examination, in case attendance is short, students will not be eligible for promotion/ any academics award.
- All children are expected to attend school on the opening day after every vacation and must be present before closing for the vacation. Those absent because of sickness must submit a medical certificate before joining the class.
ABSENCE AND WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURE
- If your child is absent, please inform the school authorities, preferably the class teacher of the student, in writing.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than six days consecutively will render the student liable to have his/her name struck off the roll. Re-admission fee will be charged again.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Students should bring the School Diary to school every day.
- The students should affix his/her photograph and fill in the required information, Duly Signed by the parent in the space provided for in the School Diary.
- It is compulsory for all students to attend the morning assembly. Students should reach school before the first bell rings.
- Coming late to school is punishable offence. Late comers must bring an application from their parents otherwise they will be sent back home. Attendance on the last day of the school before vacation is absolutely essential.
- It is obligatory for all students to attend every class as per the timetable.
- No child shall leave the school premises during school hours without the prior permission of the principal.While changing class rooms or venues between periods students must move in a line and observe complete silence. When using stair cases and corridors, all students must keep to the left, students should also refrain from running in the corridors.
- Care must be taken of school property and no student should scratch, spoil or cause damage in any way to any item belonging to their school. Damage to school property will have to be paid for by the concerned student. The students are not expected to fiddle with the apparatus in the labs.
- Late comers, uniform defaulters, fee defaulters and children who do not do their homework regularly will be sent home after two warnings.
- Bulling language is prohibited and punishable as per school rules. They should not use indecent language or indulge in fights and quarrels with others.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against students found using unfair means during examinations which may result in expulsion from the school.
The following practices are strictly forbidden.
- Smoking / Eating or chewing tobacco, pan masala etc.
- Disfigure/Damage school property.
- Use of Violence in any form.
- Use of Mobile Phones.
- Boys are not permitted to keep long hair.
- In disciplined behavior in the school bus will result in the student being debarred from using the same.
The following disciplinary measures will be adopted by the school.
- Oral warning & counseling.
- Written warning.
- Issue of Warning1 & Warning2.
- Withdrawal of bus facility for misbehavior in the school bus (Parents will be responsible for picking them up and dropping them to school)
The student will be warned and counseled for the first time, issued a red card for two subsequent lapses and a yellow card and suspension if unacceptable behavior persists. The issue of two Cards to a student will lead to expulsion. However the Principal retains the right to suspend or expel a student out right if the offence is of a very serious nature. The Principal will have the right to withhold the character certificate of any student whose conduct is not keeping with the rules laid down by the school.
WARNING1: A student will be issued Warning1 for missing classes, reporting late to class, constantly interrupting the teaching process and indulging in rude and unacceptable behavior in class. Issue of two Warning1 will lead to the award of a Warning2.
WARNING2: A Warning2 holder will not be allowed to avail of any privileges in the school during the period stipulated by the Disciplinary Committee / Proctorial Board. The student will not be allowed to attend any programme, picnics or outings during this period if any.